MyPod


Monday, December 21, 2009

Proj–Historical Typographer Brochure

This was my first project for Typography 2 where we had to research a typographer and design a biographical brochure for the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library (UofT). Really interesting project since I got to research in depth their work, typefaces, and what they were trying to achieve in their designs. He was known for his font Centaur, which was based on the Jenson font. He was really interested on using traditional typefaces in modern works which really made his work elegant and classy. So that was pretty much my direction in designing the brochure, at the same time we also had to keep the layout conservative so i bound to keeping it clean and presentable.



Front Cover, Bruce Rogers was a perfectionist (like any other designer)


Front & Back Cover


Inside content, I was only allowed to use 1 colour (even if its black). I chose green since it felt like a natural and traditional colour.


Process work, these are some of the first layouts I came up with.





Other colours I was thinking of using before the final print.


The cover features a part of Roger decorative Ampersand (&). Used it since it had so much flow and had elegance.

No comments: