MyPod


Thursday, January 7, 2010

Proj–Event Mark

For this project we had design a "hand-made" typeface which emulated and represented a local community event. The choice of the Youth Group Talent Show (St. John Of The Cross) was based on past experience and participation and the goal to depict the kind of atmosphere and feeling when watching the show.


This was the main visual i was trying to achieve, the stage, the energy, the flow, and artistry that the show presented.


This was my second approach playing around with the pop-up but i found it too serious.



This should have been the selected font (Britannic Bold).



Needed to follow the structure but now I feel like too much is going on.



The hand-made type needed to be applied to the flyer to promote the event. Didn't really like the re-make since it lost a lot of direction.



The paragraph format is sick but is the map even that clear?


I really wanna get back to improving this project during the summer. I felt I didn't have enough time to really work on properly executing the hand-made text plus I was making this till 2am and the re-make even later into the morning.

No comments: