MyPod


Monday, June 22, 2009

Proj –for the Work, Passion, & Family

Recently worked on a project for my Tito's 50th Birthday. With personal projects esp. for family I always find it to be difficult since there's a lot more thought being put into it. For me just to design, print, and put it together there is a bit more pressure to have something that is perfect.

The concept of the card was all about my Tito, more specifically his work. My Mom had sketches of his old work and what made it a lot personal was the fact that it was sketch-designs of her actual wedding dress. So my role here was to take these drawings and it allow to become the visual and design of the card. I decided to make it a 3-sided fold out card to place the drawings like a exhibition or portfolio display. It is always the outcome/response that is the best part of designing but what I also got out of the project was the inspiration and the amazement of talent in the family. It is what's inspiring, what I aspire to, and the gifts we can share with one another.





No comments: